Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weigh Day Updates (Den)


OK. So, I was pretty nervous about this weigh-in. I haven’t weighed in a long time, but I haven’t been trying to lose any weight either. If anything, I figured I would really pack on some pounds since I returned to eating “normal” food. To my surprise, I was only up 2 pounds…easily lost if I put half a bit of effort into it. I had to get on the scale several times to verify that I hadn’t gained 20 pounds back!

I won’t say that I have been struggling. No, rather, I just have been lazy about working through my weight loss. I kind of went into maintenance mode for a little while. This seems to be my M.O.: lose for a few weeks, then get bored and maintain for a while as I wait for inspiration to strike again.

I’m actually kind of at peace with the whole thing. I make better choices all the time; my screw-ups are farther in between. We live a mostly vegan lifestyle, especially with at-home meals. I treat myself occasionally (had a milkshake just two days ago!), and I refuse to feel guilty about that because they are not daily treats. While I am not dumping weight at a record pace, I also don’t engage the stress of losing weight…something that has always seemed to haunt me. This is a new feeling for me - one which only came along after I quit getting on the scale every day; I really like not fretting about my weight all the time. 

No comments: