Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What can I say? It was summer! I was busy!? (Den)


Ugh. Long time no post. In fact, this weekend fall begins, so this is the only post I've managed to produce all summer. Sorry! But there is good news. I am only 2 pounds up from my low weight, and I’m ready to get going again. I will weigh again some time next week to see if I can rid myself of those couple of pounds, and then I will be off to losing fresh weight once again!

I guess I would say that I am inspired by my mom this past week. She is 199.6 pounds. She hasn’t been below 200 in decades! She’s super excited, and I’m excited for her. She is eating well and walking 2.5 miles several times per week. How can I not be inspired to join in on that? I still remember that feeling of getting below those ten pound marks on the scale, too. It’s a great feeling. But to get below that dreaded hundred pound mark?! Well, that’s just fabulous. And what I really love…that inspiration, giddiness, confidence, and excitement are contagious. It’s a bug that I’m happy to catch!

I’m 216, so in 17 pounds, I can also say that I’m in that ONEderland. It doesn’t seem so far away…not like when I was 260 anyway! 17 pounds sound doable. Even if I’m reasonable about losing, it’s doable by the end of the year; if I’m super committed, maybe I can get it done even sooner than that. So, I’ll check back with the blog in a week or so when I decide to weigh again, and then I will take a weigh-break for a month, but I’ll try to keep posting about other things.

No comments: