Sunday, September 30, 2012

A pretty good week (Den)

I’m eating very well lately. I have really cut down on the refined carbohydrates. I try to view them as treats that I don’t often have. They are like “desserts” to me. I don’t have as much of a sweet-tooth as I do a starch-tooth. On my “generally banned” list, I have placed bread, noodles, granulated sugar (but,  uh, we won’t talk about yesterday at the Chinese restaurant!!). But anyway…if I have a craving for starch, then I try to go to a whole food source first – potatoes or beans – but for me, even those things can get out of control quickly, so I try to be careful when I eat them.

My goals for this week include adding some exercise back into my life. I’ve been pretty active with life in general, but not with routine exercise. I’m gonna try to fit 3 sessions into this upcoming week. I did exercise on Tuesday and Thursday this past week. My legs were killing me! The weather is turning gorgeous around San Antonio. I need to try and take advantage of it for the next couple of months. 

I bought a new pair of pants yesterday. They are still size 18, but I thought that I didn't look so terrible in that full length mirror. That's an unusual thought for me, as I generally see myself as "huge." I go out of my way to avoid seeing myself in full length mirrors, but it wasn't so bad yesterday, and I think having a better self-image might be an integral part of the weight loss process, rather than an end result.

1 comment:

aleut5 said...

Den, you look great and I am so proud of you. Keep it up and we will be zip lining in no time.