Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back on track! (Den)

I decided that today is my official weigh-in, and I’m happy to report that I am 213.6 pounds…the lowest I’ve been for quite some time. It means that I am losing new weight once again. In the last decade, my lowest weight was 205 about 7 years ago (I haven't been below 200 in well over 20 years). So, 205 is a small milestone marker that I am looking forward to reaching before the holidays get here.

With this weigh day on the books, I will not record another weight for about 4 weeks. For me, it is just imperative that I stay off that scale! I can’t handle the fluctuations that come along with daily or even weekly weigh-ins. Monthly seems to work for me, but I hope to keep posting progress reports on other topics.

I have to say that I am thrilled with the fact that I haven’t gained back my 46 pounds. Yes, I have been on a bit of a self-imposed plateau, but I’m coming to terms with the way that I lose weight. I do well in this sporadic weight-loss pattern -- I lose for a while, I get bored and stop trying, I bob along at the same weight, then I start back at it. But I have to admit that although I didn’t plan to stop and start all the time, it seems to be working overall. I would love to just dump all my weight and be done with it, but my body seems to be content with doing things this way, so who am I to complain? After all, I am almost 50 pounds lighter, and that feels pretty darn good.

No comments: