Monday, April 9, 2012

Den's Update

I didn’t update last week. Boo on me. Frankly, I’ve been a bit of butt. I am half-butting this weight-loss lately, and I know that I am. I let little things dissuade me from keeping on track. I think that if I have done well for a day or two, I am somehow entitled to a “day off.” That is old diet thinking right there. I have a list of excuses a mile long! I have evaluated those excuses and decided that while some are truly valid reasons for not exercising, they fall apart in regards to eating. I don’t have a single good excuse as to why I should eat poorly!

Anyway, I am making some really radical changes right now. Not just with weight-loss, but with how I run my life. I’m organizing better for Colton’s schooling, I am writing again (trying for a couple of hours a day), and I am going to try and get my previous year’s taxes done (so I can do the current ones!). I have started the project, but it’s overwhelming as 2010 was a rough year for us, and the taxes are pretty messy. But, I have started! Anyway, all of this is my attempt to forego the excuses that I love to make.

I have also decided to not live for my scale. When I gain, I have an excuse to eat; when I lose, I have an excuse to eat. I have decided not to weigh again until May 16th. Yes, May 16th. It is the deadline I have placed upon myself for some other things, so why not weigh-in on that day as well. If I do well, stick to my plans, and focus, I should be solidly in the 220s by that date. We will see, but no more excuses about eating better. My posts until then will focus on my eating, exercise, and my goals for each week.

No comments: