Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kori Saturday Update

Wow lot's has been happening. My oldest daughter starts college in two weeks so I have been helping her down this path with all the extra paperwork etc. I have registered for my summer classes and I have been helping my two youngest finish up their year. It is official Abby has all her credits and will graduate May 15th 1 year early!!!! Now I only have 1 child in high school! Also Becky will be 21 this month, I am amazed and awed at the journey we have had with her and the awesome person she has turned into. My youngest Hailee started the year behind in credits and has managed to recapture most of what she needs and is looking forward to joining the other two in college.
I also have had a major change at work that opens a huge opportunity for me to advance, so I am looking forward to what transpires from this.
Through all of this I have managed to continue to lose weight and staybalanced in my eating. Exercise is the one thing that I have still been unable to master on a regular basis, I have added in things like taking the stairs, parking farther away, walking every day at lunch, which I know are all major improvements but what I crave is that exercise you enjoy and sweat and come out of feeling great. I will continue to search for it.
All in all, I feel great and I am so enjoying sharing this experience with my oldest friend. Den, you inspire me. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

1 comment:

Den said...

So wild that your kids are going to college! Weren't they just in diapers? Then I look at Colton and think, "In 5 more years, he can get his driving permit!" Oh my goodness.

Hang in there. I know your work is really busy now, especially with you getting ready to take on new responsibilities. It must be hard to fit some type of traditional workout into the mix. With your walking and stair climbing, though, you are doing fine.

I have been doing some research and thought I would share. Splitting your workouts into two parts is even more effective than just doing one large workout, as long as you get 10 minutes of cardio per session. It has worked well for me. I'm doing 30 min in morn, 20 min in eve. The workouts seem easier, and if I miss one, I don't feel bad since I got at least half done. Maybe you might do better with that?? Two 10 minute workouts doesn't sound to bad. Well, whatever you decide, you are doing great and look forward to seeing all your future progress.

My mom just went to doctor and got the "diabetic label." Her fasting sugar was 212. I gave her some instructions for this past whole week, and she has it down to about 130 in the morn now, but that is still a little too high. She is doing better though...has an appt with a nutritionist and another battery of blood tests next week. Her problem has been that she watches her sweets, but she doesn't pay attention to the carb loads. They eat big plates of spaghetti with bread, rice, juice, etc. and mom didn't see that as anything that would give her a problem. I hope she learns quickly that your sugar is impacted by more than just "sweets"!