Friday, May 18, 2012

Week 18 Update (Den)


It’s been a pretty good week. I finished up with my cleansing on Wednesday, and I found out how much I had lost. But the euphoria has faded, and I am ready to buckle down and integrate certain foods back into my life. I tried coffee, but it really upset my stomach for about 4 hours. So, I am not going back to it…I’ve switched to tea in the mornings. I am not purchasing any additional quick veggie foods like Boca burgers and Chik’n patties.  I am making my own stuff – bean burgers, seitan, falafel, etc.

My stomach hasn’t been pleased to be back on “regular” foods, despite my trying to be careful. My Thai food restaurant adventure produced a whole lot of gastro-instestinal troubles the next morning (and I only had stir-fried veggies with tofu cubes). My tempeh “TLT” sandwiches (although very tasty) upset my belly, too. The sourdough might have been the culprit on that one! At any rate, I think it will take some time for everything to normalize.

I won’t weigh again for a month, and I’m hoping that I can produce a 5 pound loss in that time. I’m not too worried about it, though. I feel a huge sense of relief not having to confront my scale too often. Mostly, I just want to keep up with my workouts, continue to eat good food, and not let things bother me mentally. I think that the weight will release if I just follow that plan. 

1 comment:

aleut5 said...

Den, you look amazing and I am soooo proud of you. I know you will continue to do well and your numbers are fantatstic! Keep it up. We will be zip lining in no time.