Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Time (Kori)

I have been reflecting on time. We don't ever seem to have enough time, so we don't take care of ourselves and we abuse our bodies all in the name of work, obligations, family or whatever takes our time. Then when faced with the reality of a health issue, the meaning of time changes from not having enough to wanting to add more, especially to the end of our lives. Suddenly everything comes into focus and you think of all the things you want to do.

I know this sounds dramatic and I am not a dramatic person. I know that Diabetes is not a death sentence but coupled with my weight, high cholesterol and high blood pressure it definitely makes me much higher risk for an early death.

So......I have decided it is well past time that I recognize the need to take care of myself and to get healthy both for myself and my family. I need to take this diagnosis as a blessing and use it to keep myself motivated. I will control my blood sugars, I will lose weight, I will be more active. I will.................

1 comment:

Den said...

Yes, you will. Stay positive, motivated, and uplifted. Look forward to the prize, forgive when you fall, and gather all the support you can. Not a single one of your friends would ever wish you poor health. :)