Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 7: Weigh Day and Updates (Den)


WEIGHT LOSS:  I didn’t lose anything at weigh-in Saturday, but that is my own fault. I’m not making excuses, but I will say what happened. We’ve been down a vehicle for weeks. That means that Todd and I are sharing my Jeep, and it also means that we are frequently in the vehicle together. Bad combination. It doesn’t take much to get me to stop and eat out, and Todd is always hungry!

FOOD:  We finally found a 4runner for Todd, so he is back to driving his own rig. As of Tuesday, I have my Jeep back to myself and I am taking restaurants off of my to-do list! You cannot control the portions or the ingredients. Sure, it’s fine to eat out once a week or something, but beyond that, it’s hard to manage a diet around restaurant eating…at least it is for me. No matter my intentions, I eat too much even when I order good things. And when the boys are ordering appetizers and desserts, I want in. It’s always super hard to eat vegan – vegetarian is doable, but vegan is hard (butter, cheese, cream, etc. are often part of the vegetarian restaurant fare). Restaurants don’t work for me, so I must bid them farewell.

Today is Wednesday, and I took a peek at the scale which says I’ve gained 4 pounds in the last few days. I know there’s some water retention in there, but some of it is real, legitimate weight gain. So, I’m going back to my plan and I will weigh on Saturday, and hope for improvement over today’s number, but won’t be surprised to see a gain this week.

I’m not giving up. I couldn’t seem to stop this backslide quickly enough, but I’m gonna dust myself off and refocus. I hope I don’t have to report a 4 pound gain on Saturday.

1 comment:

aleut5 said...

Don't beat yourself up. We both know what a challenge this can be and this is the time we would normally give up and go back to eating terribly. Granted, there is more at stake now, but that doesn't make the cravings or lifes curveballs any easier. We can do this. YOU can do this.