Monday, February 6, 2012

Weigh in (Kori)

Finally!!!!! I am under 300 pounds!
I am excited and I never ever want to see the 300's again. I managed to get through a nasty cold, a memorial service and celebration of life, a visit with the husband of a friend who ended her own life 4 years ago, and a lunch and a movie out without breaking my diet and I kept my blood sugars intact. It was an emotional weekend and that on top of being sick would generally be a recipe for disaster.
As an emotional eater, I have to be soooo careful at times like these. I got through it by being resolved, prepared and focused. I reasoned with myself that I felt bad and my heart hurt but did I need to feed it? Would that make the pain go away? Thankfully, this time the answer was no. Instead I surrounded myself with friends and family. I am blessed by all those people around me who support and encourage me.
I ordered two new books about nutrition, one is about the importance and benefits of greens and the other is on cooking with whole foods. I look forward to getting them.
I weighed in at 298.0 which is a weight loss of 2.4 since last week. On to another successful week!
Den, great job on your 4 pounds. Hope you had a wonderful day with your family.

1 comment:

Den said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your milestone!