Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mid week (Kori)

I am home today with a nasty cold that is making me feel like poo. Also, lost a dear friends husband to suicide on Saturday. I saw her yesterday and we held each other and sobbed, a very sad and reflective week.

Den, I find it funny how we continue to be on the same page even though we are thousands of miles apart. Adding more greens has been my focus this week and I feel great. I have eaten kale, collards, swiss chard, spinache and napa cabbage this week and I am loving the new flavors.

Had my follow up visit with my provider this week and confirmed what I already knew. I am a model patient :) she told me so. hehe.

Down 21 pounds, blood sugars are great. My first question was "when can I get off the meds"? She started laughing at me and told me to stop being an overacheiver. She said she will not even discuss it with me until my next check up in two months. I was frustrated but I can see her point. I am sure a lot of people go in after the first month and they have improved but it's going to take long term effort for me to get off the meds.

Here's to the long haul.

1 comment:

Den said...

Well, yes, you just hold your horses there wild woman! You stay on your meds until its super-duper safe to come off. ;)

I'm having kale in my juice. Its a little bitter, but I've gotten a taste for it. I went shopping today and spent a bunch of my weekly budget on lots of organic, lovely produce. I'm really amped by this little change!

Also, I'm so sorry about your friend's husband. It is a terrible tragedy to cope through.