Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Anniversary Weekend (Kori)

So, I was a bit nervous because it was our 24th anniversary and we were going to celebrate. In the past this celebration would have included a ton of food, no exercise and a bit too much wine. Instead, we discussed ahead of time how we were going to keep ourselves on track and help each other. The timing was good because I had just met with the health counselor and was very motivated. We approached it as a start to our next healthy year together.

We started by having brunch with his family who I enjoy very much. I escaped the basket of baked goodies and went straight for the fruit and yogurt that was very fresh and yummy. Then moved on to the main course where I had two eggs and prime rib has (no hashbrowns). I was satisfied and I got to enjoy the company of my family.

Then.......we went to the gym!!!! That is a first for us. We have never added the gym into our "off"day. I am so proud of us. Then we had an enjoyable evening alone in a hotel room with a gynormous bathtub, in which I soaked two times. We ate well, played games and laughed. It was a wonderful time to reconnect after a very busy couple of months. Oh yeah and I got diamond earrings!

The next morning we got up and went to the breakfast bar. They had waffles, muffins, bagels and I had a moment of panic. Nothing I could eat......so I wiped the drool off, stepped back and looked again. They had whole wheat toast and tablespoon size peanut butter, I skipped the jelly because they all had high sugar content, scrambled eggs, 2% milk and fruit. So that's what I had and I felt great.
Then......we went to the gym AGAIN!!!!!

It was awesome, we came home refreshed, proud of ourselves and relaxed. We made whole wheat tortilla pizzas with the kids and played games. All around it was wonderful and I feel very optomistic about my life, my illness and my ability to have a healthy life.

1 comment:

Den said...

Wow! Good work, you guys! I'm pretty impressed with the gym X2 deal. And very proud of you, Kori, for finding some good options on a buffet line. I think those options are always out there, we just have to learn to find them and put 'em to work for our bodies.

I hurt my back the other day, and had to take time off the exercise, but I got back at it today...a little slower and less intense, but I just wanted the old body to know that I wasn't gonna give up just because of a little pulled muscle.

Hope your week has gone well for both you and Sam. And, hey, good score on the diamond earrings!!! LOL! :)