Saturday, January 14, 2012

WEEK 3: Weigh Day and Updates (Den)


WEIGHT LOSS:  Allow me to happily shout BYE-BYE to another 1.5 pounds! I’m super stoked about these pounds, because I am now past the 20 pounds lost mark. I expected the loss to slow; it would be nice to lose 5 pounds a week, but it is surely unrealistic and not sustainable. Plus, I’m exercising quite a bit, and I just KNOW I’m developing muscles underneath this flab layer…they will surface before too long! It will be like taking off a big sweater and finding a curvy, muscle gal underneath.

EXERCISE:  I moved weigh days to Saturday because of my exercise schedule. I generally don’t workout on Friday or Sunday (because we’ve been hiking on Saturday). But starting-out the week with both of my non-workout days on the chart was a little depressing. Now, I start on Saturday with a hike, take Sunday off, and still have one more available day off. We hiked almost 5 miles this past Saturday, and I had a total of 295 minutes of aerobic cardio exercise this week.  

REWARDS:  Well, I’ve hit my “20 POUNDS LOST” mark, so I’m due for my reward! Todd bought me a hydration backpack last week. Now, all three of us have one. So, my reward needed to be something else...hey, a gift can’t count as my reward, right?! I ordered three workout videos – 2 TaeBo, and 1 Biggest Loser Cardio. And, I also get an immersion blender to make my world famous, vegan “refried” beans and some of the yummy soup recipes in Veganomicon (an awesome gift for the vegan in your life!).

FOOD:  I don’t have any complaints in this department. I have been eating all the time, I don’t feel deprived, and the boys have even started eating vegetarian every now and then. I’ve started tweaking my goals since I’ve gotten used to being back on the program…just doing some fine tuning. I’m faithfully recording on a daily basis:

- Calories <1500/day (usually 1200-1300) 
- Carbs at 35 net carbs per meal or less (carbs - fiber = net carbs) 
- Fiber at 20+g/day 
- Fat <50g/day 
- Saturated Fat <10g day

- Eat at least every 3 hours 

That’s it for this week! Bring it on…I’m ready for another one! YEAH BABY!

No comments: