Friday, January 6, 2012

WEEK 2: Weigh Day and Updates (Den)


WEIGHT LOSS:  Yeah Baby! That’s what I’m talking about…4 more pounds GONE for a total of 19 pounds! Losing pounds, however, is not the most important thing; that honor belongs to exercise and effort, but when those are going well, the weight loss seems to follow right along. And that is a great feeling. I am also officially working on “NEW” weight – after hitting the 18 pounds-lost mark, I was back where I fell off the wagon in the Fall. Looking for 1-2 pounds a week now, and anything else will be a bonus.

EXERCISE:  I busted my backside this week! We hiked on Saturday for three hours (that’s the picture above). Then I power-walked two other days, and did 30 minute aerobic bike routines for two more days (for a total of 14 miles), and topped those off with 5 minutes each of sit-ups and half-push-ups (can’t do a full push-up…yet). In addition, I am not asking anyone to hand me things anymore. I get myself off the couch and get things my own dog-gone self! And I am happy to report that the family is still going strong! Proud to see them putting in the effort with me! YAY FAMILY!

REWARDS:  I did indeed get the State Parks Pass for my first “10 pounds lost” reward. We hit Enchanted Rock State Park and hiked, and hiked, and hiked. We are off to Government Canyon this weekend. Next week – week 3 – I may earn my “20 pounds lost” reward, and I am trying to decide if I want the heart-rate monitor watch, a water-toter backpack, an immersion blender, or a food scale. Oh man, I just don’t know which to pick! I’m leaning toward the waterpack, because I really need it for all the hikes. I have to choose wisely, because my weight loss is going to slow down now, and my “30 pounds lost” reward will take many weeks.

FOOD:  I wrote my last blog entry on being “VegDen,” and that is working fabulous for me. I’m still faithfully tracking food intake on the myfitnesspal.com site. OK…I could be their spokesperson at this point…but I’m really impressed with them! Their database is huge, and it’s really working for me. Dieting is affecting my subconscious now: I had a funny dream where my brain got out a piece of paper and told me, “Write this down,” and I wrote FIBER and CARBOHYDRATES. Then Brain said, “Remember it when you wake up,” and I woke up immediately. “Woah,” I thought, “Way too much dieting goin’ on!” LOL!

1 comment:

aleut5 said...

Very good! So proud of you all. Keep up the good work and hang in there. It's tough when the weight loss slows down a bit. Always remember down is better than up :)