Thursday, January 12, 2012

Health Counselor (Kori)

So, I went and met with a friend of mine who is a health counselor and we spent an hour talking about the food I eat, my lack of exercise and what my goals are. As I was talking to her I realized how much I have already begun to change and that I just need to keep up the momentum. I also made my way to the gym at work today, which was very encouraging. I will do it again tomorrow. I have two coworkers who are joining me. This weekend my husband and I are celebrating our 24 year anniversary and for once we did not plan it all around food. We are going to meet some family for brunch one day but then we are going to the gym. I know that this is going to be a struggle every day but my goal is for it to be less of a struggle each day.

1 comment:

Den said...

That's it! The problem with dieting has always been longevity. And with us, having so much weight to lose, it's hard to keep enthusiasm when you know that it may take years to lose it all. But we have to change the way we think. We just have to start eating the way we are supposed to ... even after the "dieting" is done, because it really is a lifelong change that we have to make, not a diet. The weight loss is exciting, but it needs to just be a reflection of the changes we have made in our lives, not the goal of our actions. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! And I'm so proud of you guys for choosing to go do something physical like working out. It is so important to have everybody on board with the new plan, because there is no end in sight. It is a complete lifestyle change. And the sooner everyone is onboard with that, the better off we all are :) We are doing so well. Let's keep it up forever!