Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rough week....kinda....(Kori)

I have had some successes this week and some goals not reached.

First, I work in a stressful environment that tends to be reactive instead of proactive. It's something I am working on. My position is newly created so it is still morphing and redesigning . Hope to have it nailed down soon. I love what I do and the people I work with so it makes the unsettled times bearable and sometimes fun. I do love a challenge.

Unfortunately, this sometimes messes with my workout plans. Some days I can go the gym at work and get my 30 minutes, other times, like this week, I barely move from my desk except to attend the gazzilion meetings that get scheduled when things are in chaos mode. I work late, which means I eat late, which then means I don't get enough sleep. Hence a 1 pound weight loss.

Some positives for my week were, I attended the Win to Lose at my office and learned a lot as well as connected with other people around campus who are trying to lose weight as well. Now when we see each other, we can ask how each of us is doing and encourage. Also, I met with my health counselor last night. She had me set 1 month, three month and six month goals. I enjoyed that these were all goals not centered around weight loss but instead around being healthy and balanced. However, I do know these things will result in weight loss.

Overall I feel good. I am on the verge a big milestone for me.....I started this process at 321 pounds, I am only 5 ounces from being under 300. I tend not to share my weight with people, although they know I am fat just by looking at me. Don't know why I delude myself that way. I have decided to remove that and tell the world, or however many readers we have :), how much I really weigh. So today I weigh 300.4 pounds!!!! I will be under 300 next week and my promise to myself is to never return to the 300's. I love myself and my family too much to keep risking my life.

I want to thank Denice, who is going through a rough time, for sticking to it and trying to remain positive. This is what it's about. Self awareness, acknowledging our strengths and weaknesses and remaining committed to ourselves. You go girl!!! Love ya.

1 comment:

Den said...

Well, I think I get more excited about your weight loss than my own! That's awesome that you are almost into the 2s!!! How exciting for you! I'm gonna stick it out with you. I can't promise I'll lose every week, but I will try my best to keep on keepin' on. I won't give-up if I can help it! I was 260 when I started, and I'm so happy to be 238 today. :) Still, it's a long way to go. We'll just keep plugging away at it, and we'll get there.